- On average 30 days faster than sea freight
- Only a quarter of the rates of air freight
- Track & Trace during the entire route, including temperature information reefer containers
- Excellent hinterland connections from terminals in China and the Netherlands
- All facilities available at the terminals
- Book S.O.C. (Shipper Owned Container) as well as C.O.C (Carrier Owned Containers)
WITHIN 15 DAYS FROM
CHENGDU TO TILBURG BY RAIL
Since many years GVT is renowned for transport via road, railway and water. With the professional integration of these modalities, GVT Intermodal offers perfect door-to-door solutions. GVT Intermodal maintains direct railway connections between the own terminal in Tilburg, Railport Brabant, and several terminals in central and eastern Europe. In addition there is a unique direct railway connection with Chengdu in China.
Chengdu - Tilburg - Rotterdam Express
The Chengdu - Tilburg - Rotterdam Express is the fastest and only direct railway connection between China and the Netherlands. This unique connection enables the transportation of containers from China to the Netherlands and vice versa within 15 days. This is many times faster than transport by sea freight (45 days) and just a few days extra than air freight (7 days), while the rates are only a quarter of the airfreight rates and less than double of the sea freight rates.
Services in Chengdu
- Direct road and railway connections from Chengdu to signifcant key cities in China, like Shanghai and Shenzen. The transittime from Chengdu to the coastal areas is 4-5 days.
- Custom services
- GPS services
Services in Tilburg
- Daily railway connections from Tilburg to Rotterdam and Antwerp, also by barge or truck
- Shortsea connections to England, Ireland, Norway and Portugal
- Additional container activities
- Cross dock activities
- Container storage
- Custom services
- Gas measurements / degassing